Kebab or Kebob? How do you spell it? Kebab will be my choice. I’m not sure about you, but I am a big fan of chicken kebabs, especially this time of year when the grill is on fire! All I use to prepare were beef kebabs, but once I was introduced to chicken kebabs…beef kebabs took a back row seat. Many chicken kebab recipes have been attempted, but not a one of them compares to this one. I really can’t take all the credit…this chicken kebab recipe was created as a result of ingredients in several different beef and chicken kebab recipes I’ve made over the years. Hope you enjoy the taste!
Citrus Chicken Kebabs
- 4 chicken breasts
- orange/pineapple juice (see picture below for my preference)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1 vidalia onion
- fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 fresh lemon
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- garlic pepper, to taste
- kebab skewers
- Slice chicken breasts. Your choice – chunks or strips. Place the chicken in a sealed container and cover with orange/pineapple juice and 1 cup fresh pineapple juice. Add rosemary. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, drain chicken from marinade and remove rosemary. Cut onion, bell peppers and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
- Thread chicken, fruit and vegetables on skewers in any order. Place skewers on grill over medium heat and cook for 12 minutes on each side. Throughout the grilling process, sprinkle fresh lemon juice over kebabs.
- Ensure chicken is fully cooked before removing kebabs from grill. Brush chicken, fruit and vegetables with olive oil.
- Season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic pepper.
- Sprinkle kebabs with lemon zest.