My sister, Debbie, shared this very, addictive…impossible not to eat from the spoon cheese ball recipe! It is so easy and quick to whip up to serve at a Christmas party or any place where people gather together. Just be prepared, though, because it doesn’t last long. I took it to school yesterday and honestly, a half a dozen people told me it tasted like chocolate chip cookie dough!
With a mixer, beat 8 ounces cream cheese until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small chunks.
Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Mix well.
Add and 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mix well.
My favorite ingredient is added next. Stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
Does this look like chocolate chip cookie dough? Put mixture in a small bowl. Refrigerate at least 2 hours so mixture will be easy to roll into a ball.
On a piece of waxed paper, sprinkle nuts of choice. Dollop the chocolate chip mixture on top and roll until a ball forms and nuts cover the entire ball.
Put the cheese ball on your favorite dish and serve with graham cracker sticks or cracker of choice.
I couldn’t leave you without sharing the center. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
- ½ cup cold, unsalted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup almond slices
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle nuts on waxed paper and dollop cheese ball mixture on top of nuts.
- Roll the cheese ball in nuts until completely covered.
- Chill cheese ball until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers of choice, preferably graham crackers.