This is one of my favorite cream cheese icing recipes I have prepared over the years. It’s easy to make and ideal for swirling or swooping. This icing is best for spreading….not for decorating purposes. It’s thin, not thick like a decorator’s frosting. Like I said, swirl and swoop! I wish I knew where or whom I received this recipe from. Like many of my recipes, tucked away in my recipe box, it doesn’t have the source. If there is one thing I’ve learned about collecting recipes since blogging it is to write down the source of the recipe. Years from now, you will be glad you did.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 2 8- oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture is easy to spread.