It’s MONDAY, and I have a great desire to rewind the weekend and cherish a few more days spending time relaxing and relishing in my hobbies of cooking, reading, photography, celebrating a friend’s birthday, but most of all spending time with my family during my husband’s birthday celebration (which involved lots of time in my kitchen).
On Saturday, I made my grocery list and traveled to the store to pick up the things I needed for the party and week ahead. I spent time in my kitchen cooking, taking pictures and blogging. I worked on a big giveaway feature for this week on My Kitchen Addictions. As I planned for the week ahead, I also revisited a recipe posted on My Kitchen Addictions to add the ingredients to my grocery list. My daughter-in-law asked me to make these Chocolate Smore Cupcakes for my grandson’s 7th birthday celebration this week!
It was a great weekend of birthday celebrations, spending time with family and friends, planning for the week, shopping, cooking, blogging and taking pictures! Since I can’t rewind and do it again, I can share a recipe I revisited over the weekend and share it with you again. Here it is….
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour,cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add milk eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed for one minute.
- Stir in boiling water.
- The batter will be very thin.
- Fill liners ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes for approximately 22-24 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Marshmallow Frosting (See below)
- package Hershey's Chocolate Bars (6 pk)
- Graham Cracker pieces , cut into small squares