Grandma Mam, who lived on this earth for over 100 years, was my husband’s grandmother on his father’s side of the family. She was an amazing lady, cook and gardener. I have such fond memories of going to her little house for family events. It was crowded, but that didn’t matter to anyone! We always had lots of good, family time when we got together. Mam’s kitchen was small, with one row of cabinets and a kitchen table. She also had an antique cupboard where you would always find pies and cookies laid out. I have a cookbook Mam gave me in 1980, in which I use to prepare many of our family’s favorite recipes. The cookbook is titled “The Plains Plain Cooker.” Two of those recipes were on our table for Easter Sunday dinner. Besides this 24-Hour Green Salad was Chocolate Sheet cake. What made this salad even better…my daughter prepared it for us! Thanks girl!
Add a layer of frozen green peas.
Spread dressing, containing Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- ½ head romaine lettuce
- 4-5 green onions, diced
- 1 pkg. frozen peas
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, (cold) sliced
- ¾ lb. bacon, cut in small pieces & fried crisp (cold)
- 1 pkg. original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut lettuce in bite size pieces.
- Put onions, peas, eggs and bacon in layers, in order given.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
- Spread dressing over last layer (bacon) and seal edges.
- Leave in refrigerator 24 hours.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.