When an opportunity came to me recently to participate in a spice giveaway with Cooking Planit, I never knew what that really meant until I started sharing my blogging with so many amazing food bloggers who participated in the same giveaway and individuals associated with Cooking Planit! I have shared, gained and learned a great deal! Cooking Planit challenged me again recently by asking me to tryout their Cooking Planit Personal Kitchen Assistant on the web and available as an app. I took it on this little project with excitement, and I am now sharing my journey with you. I encourage you to try this app yourself and share your experience.
A little bit about Cooking Planit’s Personal Kitchen Assistant…
Simplified Meal Planning – Thoughtful and tested meal plans that your family and friends will love.
Organized Shopping – No more headaches while getting your list together. They build your shopping list just like you would.
Guided Cooking Steps – It’s like G.P.S. for cooking! They’ll do all the organization and lead you through each recipe’s steps so that the entire meal is ready at the same time.
Cloud Sync – Sync your account across the web, your iPhone and iPad
What I especially like about using Cooking Planit’s App…
- The app includes lots of great recipes to choose from, including healthy and family-friendly choices.
- You can create your own cookbook of recipe and meal ideas.
- I was able to modify my meal. The meal plan I chose, Crisp and Caramelized, included a salad that I knew my husband would not like, therefore I clicked on MODIFY…and several other side choices were provided.
- I was able to create a grocery list and check off what I already had and then take my iPhone to the store with me and shop for what I needed. I just checked off my list as I put the items in my shopping cart. I loved how the items were listed in categories…produce, meats, dairy, spices, etc.
- All ingredients and kitchen tools I needed for the meal were provided in a user-friendly list.
- Cooking Planit is voice activated. Instead of touching my iPad screen…I could say MOVE ON, GO BACK, SCROLL DOWN, SCROLL UP. I had a little trouble with this feature, turned if off, but still had some voice features available.
- LOVE, LOVE the timer! You’ll see what I mean when you use it!
- Overall, easy to follow directions.
- Time is allowed for breaks and clean-up. I felt no pressure!
- The final product…the meal, Crisp and Caramelized was very tasty! I will make it again in the future! No doubt!