Saturday mornings are a favorite of mine! Sleeping in just a little later, homemade breakfast without a rush and Food Network on the television are just some of the reasons I love Saturdays so much! I sometimes plan ahead and make something special, but many times I use what I have on hand and make a quick, simple staple for breakfast. These Oatmeal Pancakes are just that staple! They are easy to make and just a little healthier than the traditional ones I typically prepare. What I like best is I can make the batter for these pancakes in the food processor and pour it right on a hot griddle.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Place flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and egg in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.